Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: revo tuning  (Read 3219 times)

February 05, 2008, 08:44:05 am

colc

revo tuning
« on: February 05, 2008, 08:44:05 am »
New on here, and no wish to teach anyone how to suck eggs ref VAG diesel tuning, but I've just done a search for Revo Technics on the message board, and come up with no hits! If you want to tune fairly late model VAG platform TDI's, they are the kiddies! Have a look at their website, and I can vouch for the product!

Reply #1February 05, 2008, 09:09:49 am

jimfoo

• Veteran

• http://www.66rover.com
revo tuning
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 09:09:49 am »
That's because electronics suck. M-TDI ALL THE WAY!!!! :P  :twisted:  :lol:  :lol:
Jim
1966 Land-Rover 88" with 1.9 1Z which has been transformed to an M-TDI
TFO35 mechanically controlled VNT, IC , and 2.5" exhaust.
Driven daily

Reply #2February 05, 2008, 09:16:26 am

colc

revo tuning
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 09:16:26 am »
That's me told then! Nothing like a bit of reasoned debate, but 20-30% more power/torque for a few hundred quid sounds a good deal to me, especially as there are no chips to solder in, just a 20 minute re-map of your ECU. Plus main dealer software can't detect that it's been done!

Reply #3February 05, 2008, 01:53:16 pm

MikkiJayne

• Junior

revo tuning
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 01:53:16 pm »
I would say the majority of people on here are interested in the VE pump TDI engines - either M with no electronics, or E which need chips burning.

Revo aren't interested in these engines at all as they're far too hard to do - only the PD engines which, as you say, can be re-mapped online. Hence why you won't find any info on them here.

Mikki x

Reply #4February 05, 2008, 03:32:50 pm

vwmike

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

revo tuning
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 03:32:50 pm »
Not all of the VE TDI's had replaceable chips. The later ones were EDC15 which is OBD flashable.

Reply #5February 29, 2008, 12:05:57 pm

Gernster

• Junior

revo tuning
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 12:05:57 pm »
I can vouch for that, i had a '99 mk2 toledo tdi, 110bhp and AHF engine (i think it was) was on OBD system but was told by my vw mechanic mate it was non PD.

Reply #6March 01, 2008, 11:10:54 am

hillfolk'r

• Veteran

revo tuning
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 11:10:54 am »
Quote from: "colc"
That's me told then! Nothing like a bit of reasoned debate, but 20-30% more power/torque for a few hundred quid sounds a good deal to me, especially as there are no chips to solder in, just a 20 minute re-map of your ECU. Plus main dealer software can't detect that it's been done!

with a tdi-m,you turn a screw for more power,30%+

no waiting for your computer  to come back from a chip  install
and you can carry a few small tools in a bag and do tuning by the roadside the way it should be done :lol:  :lol:
seriously though,electronics have their place to me....in the dumpster,lol

no,i drive a 98 tdi jetta,and its stock for the most part

:wink:
Throttle cables ftw

Reply #7March 29, 2009, 12:15:03 pm

dts67

• Junior

revo tuning
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 12:15:03 pm »

Its easy to check with vag com if a cars been remapped, just log iq and boost! Revo maps arent that good and are very overpriced imo, not only that but they also flash thier own software onto the immo chip(not needed for tuning) rendering the ecu 'locked' so only they can reflash and re-code after for high prices.
Beware of their 'free' trials as well, when the trial runs out your car will be roughly 10-15% down on power from standard and ecu 'locked', meaning if you go to another tuner the ecu is not flashable through the port and will need repaired before further tuning costing £££$$$. Some places go for quality, some quantity, revo are for quantity so arent that good for the money. Just my 2p on revo

Reply #8March 31, 2009, 08:50:19 am

Tintin

• Veteran

revo tuning
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 08:50:19 am »
Quote from: "dts67"

Its easy to check with vag com if a cars been remapped, just log iq and boost! Revo maps arent that good and are very overpriced imo, not only that but they also flash thier own software onto the immo chip(not needed for tuning) rendering the ecu 'locked' so only they can reflash and re-code after for high prices.
Beware of their 'free' trials as well, when the trial runs out your car will be roughly 10-15% down on power from standard and ecu 'locked', meaning if you go to another tuner the ecu is not flashable through the port and will need repaired before further tuning costing £££$$$. Some places go for quality, some quantity, revo are for quantity so arent that good for the money. Just my 2p on revo

I totally agree with that, and the Big companie like this It's very not the best for tuning, It's like fast food tuning.