S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Mtdi Pump 2.8 LT  (Read 3726 times)

January 06, 2009, 01:52:45 pm

T3-mtdi

Mtdi Pump 2.8 LT
« on: January 06, 2009, 01:52:45 pm »
Hi
Im Michael 24 years old and a student in mechanical engeneering. I drive a 90 Volkswagen Vanagon T3 with a m-Tdi made from an AFN and a 2.8 ATA pump. Although i live in Germany, there it is very hard to get some detailed information how to build a real good m tdi pump. The most Information I found in this forum. I first read the m-TDi FAQ. Then I tried the search for about 6 hours and read many threads from Tintin and Giles which seems to be the Gurus about mtdi technology. But Its hard to find a HOW TO here too for the original DI mTDi Pumps. Perhaps its because its hard to get the pumps in America or somewhere else. Here in Germany its not easy but if you watch ebay for some weeks you wil get one or even two;).  In the past I also tried the AAZ hybrid but that was not so effective. I dident even get the stock power out of the AFN.
So what im searching for is what need to be changed at the 2.8 ATA Pump that it work properly. At the moment I drive the Pump in Stock with 0.216 nozzles @220 bar. The timing is about 0.86. The boost is about 1.2 bar that should be 17.4 psi with a watercooled k14 turbo. But the diesel consumption is to high for the low power. on 100 km i take at least 11 l of diesel and the power could be more!
Sorry about my bad english but I tried my best!