Engine Specific Info and Questions > TDI Engine -General Info

m-tdi timing

<< < (2/10) > >>

Tintin:
Here info about that pump:

http://www.vwdiesel.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9598

monkey magic:
rich, did you have any luck advancing the timing?

I ask because I was about to buy an aaz pump, but the disco pumps are easy to find and if they work well i'd rather use one of them..

oldskool rich:
no it wont work on a an IDI, the cam plate is all wrong for the injectors

however it works great now on the TDI

monkey magic:
Hi rich,

It's a TDi i need the pump for, so that sounds great. I'll get a landy pump and have a play.

Sadly, I just bought a 2.8 Ducato mechanical pump, and only realised when it was too late it doesn't have an LDA  :(  I will research adding an LDA, it seems possible...

Nice one rich, was it just the extra advance, or have you done anything else to the landy pump?

greg123:
Checkout that that first, earliest, 2.8 (the non-turbo one) wasn't an IDI motor as well.  They switched to DI around then and if yours is off an IDI the profile/advance curve will be all wrong I believe.

Greg.

--- Quote from: "monkey magic" ---Hi rich,

It's a TDi i need the pump for, so that sounds great. I'll get a landy pump and have a play.

Sadly, I just bought a 2.8 Ducato mechanical pump, and only realised when it was too late it doesn't have an LDA  :(  I will research adding an LDA, it seems possible...

Nice one rich, was it just the extra advance, or have you done anything else to the landy pump?
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version