Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: VW repairs, maintenance and modifications.  (Read 9331 times)

October 28, 2008, 09:29:52 pm

Dr. Diesel

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

VW repairs, maintenance and modifications.
« on: October 28, 2008, 09:29:52 pm »
Well, I have a wedding to pay for so I'm opening my doors to the public. So to speak.
If you need repairs, regular maintenance, modifications (Different turbo? Custom downpipe? Spherical bearing suspension pivots? Aluminum strut braces?) or even something more extreme (Rear engine? Syncro install? Turbine engine on the roof?) I can do pretty well anything.
I'll steal the slogan 'Quality is job one', but I actually live by it, unlike it's originator.
It's simple. $45/hr straight time, I pass on any parts discounts so long as I didn't have to spend all day acquiring them.
Located in Stoney Creek near Hamilton.

I repair, maintain and modify VW's and BMW's.
Good work done at affordable rates. Welding and fabricating, too.
Performance Diesel Injection's Super Pump: gotta have one!

Reply #1October 28, 2008, 09:50:37 pm

burn_your_money

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Bright, On
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 09:50:37 pm »
A wedding eh?

:lol:

Congrats sir.

A good guy to deal with that knows what he is doing. If I lost all my tools I'd pay him to work on my car
Tyler

Reply #2November 17, 2008, 03:58:21 pm

tSoG-84bit

• Junior

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 03:58:21 pm »
Well, I'm having a hard time finding a local mechanic/machine shop to clean up some old long blocks. So how about a few perrformance rebuilds on my 1.6td blocks? Just curious if you can quote me on 3 long block w/ hydraulic lifters rebuilds, fire ringed, slightly lower compression(so I can make big turbo whistle), metal headgasketed, port and polished, blueprint and balanced.  The whole shebang three times over, All three need AC pump deleted. engines will be mounted in my 79 rabbit, 84 rabbit, and 90 cabriolet.  

Thanks
tSoG
84bit 1.6na
Engine died, pulling it apart, putting something new in it's place.

Reply #3November 17, 2008, 05:07:15 pm

Dr. Diesel

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 05:07:15 pm »
Quote from: "tSoG-84bit"
Well, I'm having a hard time finding a local mechanic/machine shop to clean up some old long blocks. So how about a few perrformance rebuilds on my 1.6td blocks? Just curious if you can quote me on 3 long block w/ hydraulic lifters rebuilds, fire ringed, slightly lower compression(so I can make big turbo whistle), metal headgasketed, port and polished, blueprint and balanced.  The whole shebang three times over, All three need AC pump deleted. engines will be mounted in my 79 rabbit, 84 rabbit, and 90 cabriolet.  

Thanks
tSoG

Unfortunately, I don't have the machinery required for all the abovementioned work. I am meeting with the owner of a highly reputable performance engine machine shop soon to discuss exactly what you mention, and more.
Hopefully I'll come away with a good feeling, we'll see. I've had too many letdowns from monkey machine shops in the past.

Head porting I can do no problem, same with accessory deletes.
Give a call sometime to discuss.

Dr. D.

Reply #4November 17, 2008, 05:20:14 pm

tSoG-84bit

• Junior

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 05:20:14 pm »
Quote from: "Dr. Diesel"

Hopefully I'll come away with a good feeling, we'll see. I've had too many letdowns from monkey machine shops in the past.
Dr. D.

I know what you mean. The last local shop I talked to about "performance oriented rebuild" gave me the "i din knowd thems had a diesel motor?" (slight exaggeration, but only slight) and that doesn't inspire warm and fuzzy feelings of trust. I'd rather give my monies to an enthusiast, who has earned the trust of the VW community. I'd like to do the rebuild myself, but it's a significant bit above my head. (and by a bit, I mean a lot)
84bit 1.6na
Engine died, pulling it apart, putting something new in it's place.

Reply #5November 17, 2008, 09:23:51 pm

quietmission

• Junior

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 09:23:51 pm »
I would be interested in a nice 3" downpipe for an AHU TDI engine in a 95 GTI body.  Basically a 3" pipe for an MK3 chassis as i am planning to run either a T3 or a GT2056v.
Let me know if you are up to the task and how much?  Not looking to spend a fortune though as i can find a 2.5 one easily.
"Let it keep on ticking"

Reply #6November 19, 2008, 12:47:50 am

Dr. Diesel

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 12:47:50 am »
Quote from: "quietmission"
I would be interested in a nice 3" downpipe for an AHU TDI engine in a 95 GTI body.  Basically a 3" pipe for an MK3 chassis as i am planning to run either a T3 or a GT2056v.
Let me know if you are up to the task and how much?  Not looking to spend a fortune though as i can find a 2.5 one easily.

Sure, I can do it.  I'd need your car in the shop, with the turbo you want installed.

Here's a 3 incher I built for a turbo G60 rabbit. That was done with a MIG welder. Now I'm blessed with a TIG.  8)

And, a snakey 2.5" wiggled into a passat syncro TD:

I'd expect 6-8 hours, plus materials. Stainless, while supposedly more durable, is significantly more expensive. I personally have had great success with mild steel, properly braced and anti-corrosion coated.

Details sent though PM

Reply #7January 04, 2009, 10:28:08 am

fdnyguy

• Veteran

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2009, 10:28:08 am »
Quote from: "Dr. Diesel"
Quote from: "quietmission"

Sure, I can do it.  I'd need your car in the shop, with the turbo you want installed.

Here's a 3 incher I built for a turbo G60 rabbit. That was done with a MIG welder. Now I'm blessed with a TIG.  8)

And, a snakey 2.5" wiggled into a passat syncro TD:

I'd expect 6-8 hours, plus materials. Stainless, while supposedly more durable, is significantly more expensive. I personally have had great success with mild steel, properly braced and anti-corrosion coated.

Details sent though PM

Nice hat, but you sounded a lot taller over the telephone..........  :D  :D  :D
Never forget what a "Religion of Peace" did on 9/11/01.

2015 Passat TDi. 27k
1998 Jetta 1.9TTDi 228k .
2002 F250 7.3 TD   63,000 miles. Sold.
1980 Mack CF Fire Engine. Working on it.
2007 Dodge MegaCab 5.9 Cummins. Nice, but plagued with issues

Reply #8January 04, 2009, 07:45:50 pm

Dr. Diesel

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2009, 07:45:50 pm »
Quote from: "fdnyguy"
Nice hat, but you sounded a lot taller over the telephone..........  :D  :D  :D

I get that a lot. These tiny little hands are great for changing glowplugs, let me tell you!   :lol:

Reply #9January 16, 2009, 03:14:10 pm

Baixo

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 03:14:10 pm »
Dr.D  does very good work, i know from experiance.what he says is what you get....no bs....

hey hows that rotary thingy MOTOR comin along....hehe....i had too

Reply #10April 03, 2009, 06:27:03 pm

fdnyguy

• Veteran

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 06:27:03 pm »
Quote from: "Baixo"
Dr.D  does very good work, i know from experiance.what he says is what you get....no bs....

hey hows that rotary thingy MOTOR comin along....hehe....i had too

Yea, Tyler says the same thing. Economy is tough all over, I have it set to bring my 89 up to him. As crazy as it sounds to drive that far, it is close to $1300 cheaper than having it done in the nyc area (that includes transportation r/t). So I will get a few more things done... lolol

As much as I like driving my 09 TDI, I actually miss driving the 89. Something unique about it, I guess.

Bryson, I sent you a pm awhile ago. Did you ever get it? Tried to send one to you and Tyler the other day, I don't see them in my outbox or sentbox. I'll call ya over the weekend.

Anyone else notice this problem as well?

Stay safe, stay well.

2015 Passat TDi. 27k

Reply #11April 03, 2009, 06:36:12 pm

burn_your_money

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Bright, On
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 06:36:12 pm »
I didn't get your PM. It might have had something to do with the server going wonky.
Tyler

Reply #12April 03, 2009, 08:30:00 pm

fdnyguy

• Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 08:30:00 pm »
Quote from: "burn_your_money"
I didn't get your PM. It might have had something to do with the server going wonky.

Thought so. I'll try it again. Thanks.

2015 Passat TDi. 27k