Author Topic: AAZ with electrically controlled timing advance  (Read 6313 times)

Reply #15May 14, 2010, 03:48:32 pm

blackbird82

• Junior

Re: AAZ with electrically controlled timing advance
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 03:48:32 pm »
I also have a AAZ like that. in my 94 jetta.  I bought a sensor for boost. It is a variable boost switch. set a pressure, lets say 6psi and it opens a switch. I am using it to turn on my electric advance. That way light load is retarded so I don't get the nailing noise. And as soon as load increases, bammo! Advance!
Thats how JOhn Deere does it.
I copied them
haha
I love the whistle......

Reply #16May 14, 2010, 04:21:46 pm

burn_your_money

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Bright, On
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 04:21:46 pm »
Looking at the bosch program those wires are your timing control. I think you will always either have full advance or always full retard. Those wires are suppose to have a pulse sent to them to contol exactly how much advance the pump has for a given load/throttle position/temperature etc

The wires are basically at the very bottom of the pump below the injection lines right?
Tyler

Reply #17May 27, 2010, 04:26:09 pm

blackbird82

• Junior

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 04:26:09 pm »
Hmm not really onmy pump that wire was fed froma  signal from a switch that worked on throttle position. a simple 2 way switch. it was mounted to switch on at idle and off at off idle. it never really took any load sense into the equation. I did this to add boost which is a proper way to judge load.
but the switch was either on or off. I checked with a multimeter, no pulse width modulation.
I love the whistle......

Fixmyvw.com