Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: 2.0 ALH from scratch could do with a little help + pics  (Read 6711 times)

Reply #15October 23, 2008, 10:15:47 pm

Tintin

• Veteran

2.0 ALH from scratch could do with a little help + pics
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 10:15:47 pm »
The coolant hose routing I can draw it on a paper, but dont know how to explain here,  ask each plug and I can answer.

I'm surprised that the 1.9L head fit on a 2.0L bloc.

Seems to be a 2.0L 8V,  possible?

Reply #16October 24, 2008, 10:09:26 pm

oldskool rich

• Veteran

2.0 ALH from scratch could do with a little help + pics
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2008, 10:09:26 pm »
the late 1.9tdi (ALH ect) fits perfectly, they are pretty much the same block.

after working on a 1Z the PD stuff seems very cheap and crappy even though its extreamly expensive, the block is solid as *** but everything else seems like it was made on a buget, the rods are now in fastened down with brand new after market sputter bearings but they still wobble :shock: the pistons are too small for the bore, aparently these engines can expect to burn a litre of oil every 1000 miles, so by ur 20k service you could have a negative 15 litres of oil if you forgot to fill up :oops:

i should of stuck with the 1Z and spent the extra money on a main gurdle

i think ive got the coolant system sorted now, ill post sum pics with the hoses and see what you think, thanx tintin

anyone know where the CCV is on this? will 35-40 psi cause me trouble? was gona machine the pistons to lower the compression but i think im gona wait till it blows its first head gasket b4 i bother

BTW im gona hav a spare AAZ that is quite fast, anyone intreasted or know what they are worth?

f6squared I.D.S.T

Fixmyvw.com