Author Topic: I'm trying to find a GQ ECU for my '96 Passat TDI..any ideas  (Read 2373 times)

July 30, 2008, 01:26:09 pm

therabbittree

• Veteran

Hi,
I'm looking for a good used GQ ECU to replace my BK ECU in my '96 Passat Tdi Wagon.
I would like one asap.
let me know,
Thanks,
Deo

Reply #1July 30, 2008, 01:33:58 pm

vwmike

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

I'm trying to find a GQ ECU for my '96 Passat TDI..any ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 01:33:58 pm »
The ED didn't work out?

Reply #2July 30, 2008, 01:55:34 pm

therabbittree

• Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 01:55:34 pm »
The ED is working for now.... it starts and runs the car I haven't tried driving it to see what happens cruise or limp modewise.... i hope to most of the interior installed today so I  can test drive it. I installed the Dawes device and debateing on a map bleed I think I'm gonna have to run one , i have one form dawes here etc.... Especially since I haven't gotten any chips in the mail yet  etc ha ..Im leaving on Sunday for my trip  so I wanted to finish this up before sunday.. I'm resolved I won't have any chips by then ..so I will look for the GQ as the best fit for the car and have chips made for the GQ ..etc..etc..
Any lines on one mike?
Thanks
Deo

Reply #3July 30, 2008, 02:59:20 pm

vwmike

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 02:59:20 pm »
Quote from: "therabbittree"
The ED is working for now.... it starts and runs the car I haven't tried driving it to see what happens cruise or limp modewise.... i hope to most of the interior installed today so I  can test drive it. I installed the Dawes device and debateing on a map bleed I think I'm gonna have to run one , i have one form dawes here etc.... Especially since I haven't gotten any chips in the mail yet  etc ha ..Im leaving on Sunday for my trip  so I wanted to finish this up before sunday.. I'm resolved I won't have any chips by then ..so I will look for the GQ as the best fit for the car and have chips made for the GQ ..etc..etc..
Any lines on one mike?
Thanks
Deo

It's not exactly easy finding those GQ ECU's. Have you maybe checked car-part? I could've had some chips there if I knew I needed to send some  :D

I could probably have some chips to you by saturday if you wanted.

Reply #4July 30, 2008, 09:12:14 pm

therabbittree

• Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 09:12:14 pm »
Thanks I was able to source one!
Kerma came thru and had one and is overnighting it...Finally i hope to have it running around asap!
Thanks,
Deo

Fixmyvw.com