General Information > Smoke Tales

1.9TD vs police impala

(1/2) > >>

QuickTD:
I tend to cruise fast but accelerate moderately. It really drives me insane when some hot shot passes me as I pull away from a corner, I'll usually just pass him again a mile or two up the road as he dawdles along at the speed limit... :x  

Anyway, a few months back I was sitting at a stop sign a half mile or so from my shop when a plain grey "fleet car" impala speeds up behind me with some middle-aged stressed-out-salesman lookin' type at the wheel. As I pull away from the stop sign, the impala is glued to my bumper, itchin' to pass. 50 feet from the intersection he begins to pull out around me, something in my brain snaps, pedal goes all the way to the floor. The impala can't make up any ground. I keep grabbing gears and we carry on like this for a 1/4 mile or so, him just at my rear quarter. By now we're doing well over the posted limit. I'm coming up on the shop laneway fast so I have to get out of it. As the impala finally gets by, I look over to see the moron, it's then that I notice the crest on his shirt sleeve, the radio gear on the dash and, as he passes, the red lights in the rear window... :shock:  I don't know why he didn't write me up for something, perhaps he was in awe of the diesel power?

TDIMeister:
Wow!  That's living on the edge, Bruce!  :P

fspGTD:
:shock:  Wow - bet seeing who it was gave your adrenaline a surge... glad to hear he didn't pull you over!  :wink:

Dr. Diesel:

--- Quote from: "QuickTD" ---
 something in my brain snaps, pedal goes all the way to the floor.
--- End quote ---

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  HAHAHHAAAA!! I love it.

iggi:
ROFL

I can just imagine how you felt.  OH SH*T!

Reminds me of a story.

Once upon a time I owned a chipped Golf TDI.  I was late to meet some friends for brunch in Canmore and was working the go pedal a bit.
There is a very big hill that opens up to three lanes (a slow lane for truckers and VW buses) which is where I usually enjoyed flaunting my torque to the ricers.  Well..  I'm flying along somewhere around 170ish  :oops:  as I'm getting to the top of the hill I notice about a km back a large boring sedan coming up rather quick.  hmmmmm.   I tuck into traffic and wait.  adrenaline surges...   RCMP ghost car cruises by, doesn't even glance at me.   whew!!   My licence lives to fight another day!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version