Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: Low performance on M-TDI?  (Read 3691 times)

Reply #15June 25, 2008, 07:49:15 pm

VW_Commuter

• Veteran

Low performance on M-TDI?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 07:49:15 pm »
ThomZe, you need the great program that Drew MacPherson created for comparing transaxles and tires to determine your speed/RPM for any gear.  I don't remember where I downloaded it from but PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy.  It has control files that you can use to add different wheel sizes or VW trans gear ratios so you can determine what your RPM in any gear at any given MPH or KPH.  Also, there are some cool spreadsheets out there that do the same thing, you just have to Google around for them.

Greg
Greg

'06 Golf TDI traded in for a '12 Jeep Rubicon (the Phatbox is available)
'91 Jetta TD, a work in progress (I'll do a build thread when I start in earnest)
'65 Notchback, a project not yet started

Reply #16June 25, 2008, 08:48:21 pm

ThomZe

• Junior

sorry
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 08:48:21 pm »
Quote from: "jtanguay"
could be lack of timing advance, as TDI's like their advance!  do you have an intercooler on it?  is it a true TDI converted to mTDI or a 1.9TD converted to mTDI?  could be injectors as well... but like jimfoo said an EGT gauge would be a good investment unless you don't mind big problems later on...

forgot to answer you! it's a AHU\1Z engine, I've posted the picture of it before, but it's showd here again:

[/img]
BMW E36 320i Automatic

Fixmyvw.com