Author Topic: laid waste to a mitsubishi  (Read 4424 times)

May 07, 2005, 10:34:42 am

Dr. Diesel

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

laid waste to a mitsubishi
« on: May 07, 2005, 10:34:42 am »
Last night, coming through town I noticed a pair of headlights dashing back and forth a fair ways back gaining on me. I'm driving on a 4 lane, one way city street, littered with traffic lights and, traffic. I stopped at the second last red light before the street crosses over the highway, where my desired on-ramp is located. At this red light, position #2 in the far left lane (I'm far right, getting ready to take the on ramp) the mitsubishi is rocking back and forth on the clutch, obviously impatient to get out front.  I don't know the model name (don't much care) but it was the new one that comes fully riced with the shiney wheels, big wing & body kit etc. Anyway, the light turns green, and I don't dawdle. The next light will just turn green when I reach it if I time it right. There's only a few hundred meters to reach it. As I approach it, I see the mitsu dodging right in an unsignalled, multi-lane change. I goosed it to make an inviting gap behind me, and sure enough, he took the bait. Having sped up, I met the next light red, and stopped. After about 10 seconds wait, it turned green, and this time, I really dawdled. By now it's pretty clear he also wants the on ramp. I let the pickup truck next to me overtake and almost pass me. Again, he goes for the bait, and now obviously pissed off,  streaks left behind the slowly passing pickup,  in a bid to cut in front of me and grab the on ramp in the lead.
Just as he's about to cut me off, I accelerate and pull rapidly ahead. 2nd 3rd, deep into fourth,  now with the mitsu about 5 carlengths back, pulling back into my lane, hard on the throttle. (I can hear him, now that I have a muffler!)
I tapped the brakes and entered the on ramp at about 100km/h,(it's signed as a 30 km/h corner)  and exited at 120, then shifted into 5th and blasted down the ramp onto the highway. He must have really slowed for the corner, (typical straight-brave/corner knock-kneed) because his lights were very distant when they finally came into view.  
I hit the cruise control at 100 and waited for him. As luck would have it, traffic bogged him down next to me for a moment. Apparently somewhat awed that a plain looking jetta without even a small wing could carve a corner so hard, he eyed me long enough for me to treat him to one of my agonizingly insulting pat-the-mouth-and-yawn shows. Hahaaa!! He visibly flinched, and actually gave me the finger before hauling it into the fast lane (severely cutting off the toyota coming up in that lane) and taking off.

There's not much that pleases me more while driving than stiffing the stuffing out of some hot-headed, ricer chump!    :twisted:

I repair, maintain and modify VW's and BMW's.
Good work done at affordable rates. Welding and fabricating, too.
Performance Diesel Injection's Super Pump: gotta have one!

Reply #1May 08, 2005, 06:56:57 pm

Red Rabbit

• Junior

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 06:56:57 pm »
Great story....my palms are still sweating......would make a great full length motion picture.....maybe sign up Vinnie Diesel  to play the part of Dr. Diesel....it's a naturel fit :lol:
No I am NOT in denial!!!!!

Reply #2May 08, 2005, 10:59:29 pm

Dr. Diesel

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 10:59:29 pm »
hahaa! as if I'd give up the opportunity to live (and re-live and re-live, as I'd ensure multiple takes!) that evening again to a meat head like him! hehehe

Reply #3May 13, 2005, 03:51:38 pm

RAMMSTEIN

• Veteran

Re: laid waste to a mitsubishi
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 03:51:38 pm »
Quote from: "Dr. Diesel"

I tapped the brakes and entered the on ramp at about 100km/h,(it's signed as a 30 km/h corner)  and exited at 120, then shifted into 5th and blasted down the ramp onto the highway. He must have really slowed for the corner, (typical straight-brave/corner knock-kneed) because his lights were very distant when they finally came into view.  

Lots of people on the roads are like that.

They'll go fast when the road is straight, but they'll lose me going 90 in a 30 kph corner, making the dog piss... :twisted:

With the Passat's long wheel base, I really feel it when the rear wheel gets off the ground (sweet, sweet sway bar! :mrgreen: )! :lol:
Rammstein

In abscence of light, darkness prevails.

Reply #4May 14, 2005, 11:36:06 am

Dr. Diesel

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 11:36:06 am »
hahaaa! you need to install a dog-sized recaro seat complete with urine receptacle and 5 pt harness!

Reply #5August 29, 2005, 01:15:49 am

dubCanuck1

• Veteran

• http://www.canadubs.com
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005, 01:15:49 am »
Yeah, I agree about the straights. My wife called me the terror of the offramps. I hit them at about 160+ kms most times. people just look at me like "what's that lunatic doing going passing my highway speed on an offramp?"

The windy ones are really fun.

Reply #6March 27, 2011, 10:30:44 am

Dr. Diesel

• Authorized Vendor
  • Veteran

Re: laid waste to a mitsubishi
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 10:30:44 am »
more retro oldschool action. yes, i'm starving for dieselage.

S-PAutomotive.com