Author Topic: Sweet I scored!!!....I think.  (Read 2820 times)

May 14, 2008, 03:45:44 am

rabbitman

• Veteran

Sweet I scored!!!....I think.
« on: May 14, 2008, 03:45:44 am »
Hey, I have question. :P
Will the non opening vent windows from a 79 rabbit fit my 82 rabbit that has opening ones? Like if I swap the seal and everything?

If they do, how do I swap over without breaking the glass and ripping the rubber and cutting myself on the glass thus ruining my entire day?

As you probly guessed, the hinge glue has broke and I have silicone holding 'em in now. I can't believe I finally noticed my parts car has the non opening ones :idea:(it's only been sitting around here for 12 years), I always wanted 'em ever since the hinges came unglued and my reglue job lasted about 150 miles so now I'm stoked. 8) haha

'82 Rabbit, I put on a euro vnt-15, 2.25" DP, 2.5" exhaust, the result.....it whistled.

I removed the turbo, made a toilet bowl 2.5" DP, the result....it was deafening. Now it has a homemade muffler up front and a thrush in the rear, the result.....less loud.
Watch: AGENDA, GRINDING AMERICA DOWN

Reply #1May 14, 2008, 08:31:38 am

Justin

• Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 08:31:38 am »
they will swap right over, you will need the frame that holds the windows in place instead of messing with the seals and glass. remove the roll down windows and then remove the frame that holds the glass and swap them over, its not as easy as I made it sound because I forgot where all the bolts are for the frames but its pretty straight forward and easy.

hold onto those vent windows as there are many people that will by them from you for a pretty penny

later
jkeiffer
www.archeryprostaffmi.com
1985 GMC pickup 4x4 lift kit and runs 14.625 @ 91mph
1982 VW rabbit pickup 1.6L just rebuilt, 100mm cv's, 02A transmission
1997 Geo Tracker 1.9 TDI-M, variable gate turbo, Giles Pump

Reply #2May 14, 2008, 08:36:38 pm

rabbitman

• Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 08:36:38 pm »
well I did it, man it looks way better, I was sick of silicone all over the glass. The only thing now is I had to take the chrome strip from around the windows off 'cause the donor rabbit didn't have it and the seals are different, so now I gotta swap all the window seals or else it'll look stupid.
'82 Rabbit, I put on a euro vnt-15, 2.25" DP, 2.5" exhaust, the result.....it whistled.

I removed the turbo, made a toilet bowl 2.5" DP, the result....it was deafening. Now it has a homemade muffler up front and a thrush in the rear, the result.....less loud.
Watch: AGENDA, GRINDING AMERICA DOWN

S-PAutomotive.com