Author Topic: Audi 5 pot (AAT) tuning ?  (Read 3680 times)

April 02, 2008, 06:29:15 am

ELVIS

• Junior

Audi 5 pot (AAT) tuning ?
« on: April 02, 2008, 06:29:15 am »
What can i do to give it a bit more 'get up n go' without knocking the mpg too much? also anything else that can be seen as an 'improvement' ?

The EGR was blocked off when it had 30k on it so no worries there. I have always routed the breathers into a catch tank , anyone comments on this ?

I believe the injectors are still the original set , i have a second spare set i can get rebuilt. When i get them rebuilt , whats the possibilty of putting AEL(140bhp model) nozzles in them ? This leads onto the ECU - havnt got a clue - remapped/rechipped etc - anyone know of a company in the UK that deals with these engines possibly give me a remap/ship to suit the AEL nozzles ?

Lastly , decatting it ! Anyone do a deacat section for it or is the 'broom handle' method ?

Any other ideas/comments/advice/abuse ?

Reply #1April 02, 2008, 11:55:03 am

shadowmaker

• User+

Re: Audi 5 pot (AAT) tuning ?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 11:55:03 am »
Quote from: "ELVIS"
What can i do to give it a bit more 'get up n go' without knocking the mpg too much? also anything else that can be seen as an 'improvement' ?

The EGR was blocked off when it had 30k on it so no worries there. I have always routed the breathers into a catch tank , anyone comments on this ?

I believe the injectors are still the original set , i have a second spare set i can get rebuilt. When i get them rebuilt , whats the possibilty of putting AEL(140bhp model) nozzles in them ? This leads onto the ECU - havnt got a clue - remapped/rechipped etc - anyone know of a company in the UK that deals with these engines possibly give me a remap/ship to suit the AEL nozzles ?

Lastly , decatting it ! Anyone do a deacat section for it or is the 'broom handle' method ?

Any other ideas/comments/advice/abuse ?

I have the same basic engine in my VW T4 -96 (ACV, 102hp originally). My original nozzles (eguivalent to Bosio 520) were good for 205hp, but the engine had many mods. Bosio 502 made 215hp and Bosio 520race 235hp. Propably AEL has the same nozzles as Volvo 2.5TDI 140hp (equivalent to Bosio 502). To max out your current nozzles may need bigger turbo, IC, better exhaust, etc. I'm sorry but I don't know anything about you current nozzles or turbo, I'm just guessing here.

A good remapper can tell you more about your engine. He must have a clue which comes to stop first: turbo or nozzles.

Decat + loose restrictive mufflers.
2.5TDI 5cyl with 227,7kW and 586,6Nm @ 1,3bar (2??kW @2,0bar)
14,53s 158,88kmh @ 1/4-mile
1980kg with aerodynamics of a barn door
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkSTslJf7Z4

Fixmyvw.com