Author Topic: HG on my GTD went today...time to upgrade....need advice  (Read 2041 times)

January 18, 2009, 08:47:53 pm

Baixo

HG on my GTD went today...time to upgrade....need advice
« on: January 18, 2009, 08:47:53 pm »
ok so the HG  is done.

now....i have some options

1. get a new HG machine the head and put it back together.

2. get a 1.9 long block and start from there.

now i prefer to to not play around and just go for the 1.9 but i have yet to find out what the prices are like....if its to high, then i'll stock with and modify the 1.6.

.....i would imagine that a 1.9 long block with out all the accsesarys (IP, intake/exhuast manis, turbo...etc etc....just block and head) would be much cheaper.
i like the k24 very much, i have had lots of time with it in multiple aps and i think its a great turbo.

so what im geting is my question, i want to use all my gtd stuff on a 1.9 block and head...will it fit? i'm not asking about the turbo and exhuast mani, mostly concerned about the brackets for the IP and the intake manifold port sizes to the 1.9 head....where all 1.9's serpentine belt?
if so am i screwed?
i also should note that its a na 1.9 from a polo sdi, but the bloacks are the same so im not worried about that

so you gurus school me please....

and just FYI i was planin on geting a giles super pump....in april

Reply #1January 19, 2009, 12:48:43 pm

Baixo

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 12:48:43 pm »
nobody??

i dont need the whole bible, just a couple of chapters....

Reply #2January 19, 2009, 03:13:58 pm

Smokey Eddy

• Veteran

• McScrubbins Body Wash
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 03:13:58 pm »
I dunno about the long blocks but the aaz could maybe work better?
I have an aaz head on a 1.6td MF block with all the 1.6 stuff on it EXCEPT for the intake, that's an ALH intake.

But with that comes the rarity of an aaz there....

People have made fun cars out of the 1.6's. they rev higher and you've already got the engine. You could just rebuild that one? intercool it and stuff.
Ed
Blacked out mk2 AAZ Jetta RIP. You are missed.
White 1999.5 ALH Golf 2dr. Low & wide. Rammed off the road RIP.
Blue 2009 CR140 Jetta CBEA/CJAA. Malone stage 2. EGR/DPF/Exhaust-valve deletes. 2.5" open exhaust. ADP Turbo swap. 1-stage nitrous kit. THROWN ROD

Reply #3January 19, 2009, 08:19:35 pm

Baixo

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 08:19:35 pm »
yeah its a option for sure.

but where i am i can get a low mileage (under 60,000 miles) aaz long block for 500 euros.

true the 1.6 is a rever, and i could save it....but for that pirice....why??

also here (Azores) the islands are very mountainess.....so the added torque and power will make climbing the mountains less stressfull\

somtimes i'll be at a constant climb for 10kms

and i will be intercooling and a Giles pump.....but thats not until april when im back in Canada

im thinking 1.9/k24/Giles super pump/W/A IC/ 3" turbo back....

Reply #4January 19, 2009, 08:37:32 pm

Smokey Eddy

• Veteran

• McScrubbins Body Wash
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 08:37:32 pm »
Cool. Yeah 500 euros for a long block sounds pretty sweet. I guess you could get it, see what crosses over and then what ever doesn't you can deal with. Because ... you sound like you don't want to go any other way :P other than the long block. That is a good deal there.

Just a side note, what are you doing in portugal? I'd love to travel to that area. being from BC i love mountains!
Ed
Blue 2009 CR140 Jetta CBEA/CJAA. Malone stage 2. EGR/DPF/Exhaust-valve deletes. 2.5" open exhaust. ADP Turbo swap. 1-stage nitrous kit. THROWN ROD

Reply #5January 19, 2009, 08:58:00 pm

Baixo

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 08:58:00 pm »
Quote from: "Smokey Eddy"
Cool. Yeah 500 euros for a long block sounds pretty sweet. I guess you could get it, see what crosses over and then what ever doesn't you can deal with. Because ... you sound like you don't want to go any other way :P other than the long block. That is a good deal there.

Just a side note, what are you doing in portugal? I'd love to travel to that area. being from BC i love mountains!

yeah im really feeling the 1.9...i should note that its a na 1.9 from a wrecked polo sdi.......

as far as what im doing here.....living!! i love it here.......i would def suggest traveling here.

its warm, clean, and safe.....although the mountains are not as tall as they are in BC, my one regret is that when i was living in Canada, i didnt travel to BC....

Reply #6January 19, 2009, 09:22:55 pm

Smokey Eddy

• Veteran

• McScrubbins Body Wash
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 09:22:55 pm »
I'd be happy to take you out to the best "hidden" beauties of the area (vancouver-lower mainland) if you ever do!
Ed

Reply #7January 20, 2009, 07:09:32 am

Baixo

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 07:09:32 am »
haha....if i ever do i'll hit you up on that.

also if you ever travel here let me know, we'll do coffee in a cafe by the ocean......

my fav thing to do here....lol

Fixmyvw.com