General Information > FAQ/Tech Tips/Please Read First

1.6 TD tach over-reading on AAZ engine - FIXED

<< < (2/4) > >>

the caveman:
Damn! i took it all apart, though i turned the pot on the tach "down" , it's now reading higher. I guess down means turning it counter clock wise, not
clockwise like i did. Oh well i'll try again next week.

the caveman:
Took it apart again after driving for 4 hours this weekend with the tach showing 7000 rpm .
turned it counter clockwise and it seems to be very close if maybe a little
low.

the caveman:
Okay, it's fixed. Not it seems to be some what low, so i think i will put in the variable resistor .

the caveman:
I had to do what you said, connect the resistor with 2 wires, The tabs on it are too short to fit where the original resistor was.

the caveman:
Finally have it adjusted. Installed the variable resistor wire 2 small wires because of i mentioned last post. I made the wires short and epoxied the resistor to the back of the tach housing. Punched the hole out of the paper just behind the oem tach adjust .  I didn't know what my idle speed was because ,since dropping in the new motor, with a larger pump, along with adjusting fuel and idle, i had no idea where i was at. So, went on the road because i knew that at 88 kph i was revving at 3600 rpm. Drove and stopped to adjust the oem tach adjust until i had the right speed/rpms. Then low and behold, my idle is sitting at just about 1000 rpms. I will go to the dealer to comfirm that the idle is right or not. Thanks Otis2  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version