S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: the generator!  (Read 14549 times)

Reply #75December 19, 2008, 01:38:30 pm

53 willys

the generator!
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2008, 01:38:30 pm »
Quote from: "arb"
Quote from: "53 willys"
fiber gasket install=
1. torque to spec

2. with coolant tank cap OFF, start engine and allow to come up to operating temp.

3. turn engine off and allow it to FULLY cool down

4. retorque

I HATE fiber HG's on these engines!! they are JUNK :evil: (if you want over stock boost numbers)

Did you warm up the first time w/o the cap and then torque ? If not, I'll bet you'll be taking that head off again for a new HG.

man have you not read my HG saga??
yes, your right I did not follow the procedure I posted and I blew my fiber HG on my test drive!!!!! :cry:  :oops:
I have since sent my fiber gasket to Thailand and a place out there is going to make me a custom fit 1.6 multilayer steel headgasket...no AAZ MLS patching for me..this will be a 1.6 diesel specific gasket.
I hope to end any HG problems I had with this.

Reply #76December 19, 2008, 01:42:41 pm

arb

the generator!
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2008, 01:42:41 pm »
fiber gasket install=
1. torque to spec

2. with coolant tank cap OFF, start engine and allow to come up to operating temp.

4. retorque

I HATE fiber HG's on these engines!! they are JUNK :evil: (if you want over stock boost numbers)

Did you warm up the first time w/o the cap and then torque ? If not, I'll bet you'll be taking that head off again for a new HG.

yes, your right I did not follow the procedure I posted and I blew my fiber HG on my test drive!!!!! :cry:  :oops:
I have since sent my fiber gasket to Thailand and a place out there is going to make me a custom fit 1.6 multilayer steel headgasket...no AAZ MLS patching for me..this will be a 1.6 diesel specific gasket.

:-D  No worries - I was asking dillenger1 if _he_ followed the process :-) I understood you had it down :-)

Reply #77December 19, 2008, 01:53:37 pm

53 willys

the generator!
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2008, 01:53:37 pm »
fiber gasket install=
1. torque to spec

4. retorque

:-D  No worries - I was asking dillenger1 if _he_ followed the process :-) I understood you had it down :-)

ooo ok...when you quoted me I thought you were asking me.. :lol:

yep it was my fault the HG blew...I thought I would not need the retorque so soon with head studs and all...oh-well I am happy with the end result...it forced me to get a better set-up. 8)

Reply #78December 19, 2008, 08:58:15 pm

dillenger1

• Veteran

the generator!
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2008, 08:58:15 pm »
i didnt let it fullt cool down and i bet the cap was on.Should i even try to go another 1/4 turn?
Cummins 4bta- 85 dodge prospector short bed
28 mpg!!and i can pull down a house!
1.6td in toyota pickup
10mm head ,t3 intercooled.

Reply #79December 19, 2008, 09:32:11 pm

zukgod1

• Veteran

the generator!
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2008, 09:32:11 pm »
Well at this point I guess you can't hurt anything really.

Go ahead and try, I'm said to say I think your going to be taking the head off again though.
dan

99 Golf TDI (now CNG powered) , 82 TD Caddy

Reply #80January 01, 2009, 12:54:40 pm

dillenger1

• Veteran

the generator!
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2009, 12:54:40 pm »
Head leak has either disapeared or was a spray from the cooler hose.everything is running great now after a few test runs.I was blowing return lines,so i just installed new cloth line.I did run some bio through it when first started,so im hoping that was it,as the return line isnt any smaller then the gasser return line(which doesnt matter i guess)what size is the factory return?here are some videos.chow! :D
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos#
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos#
happy new year videos guys.
Cummins 4bta- 85 dodge prospector short bed
28 mpg!!and i can pull down a house!
1.6td in toyota pickup
10mm head ,t3 intercooled.

S-PAutomotive.com