General Information > Smoke Tales

The time I smoked an M3

(1/3) > >>

VWRacer:
Yep, it happened right after I bought my wife her '02 Golf TDI. I was driving it to work one morning when a rough looking early (E30) M3 dive bombed me from the fast lane while exiting the freeway. I don't get driver rage, so just plugged into line behind the Bimmer. The exit in question is a 270-degree sweep that ends up 2 lanes wide at a traffic light, where we sat next to each other, first in line. And about a hundred meters ahead the two lanes merge, so someone was going have to blink. ;)

The lady blipped the throttle a couple of times without glancing at me, but I wasn't getting the hint. When the crossing light went yellow I floored the go-pedal and launched as hard as I could the instant the light turned green. She had her throttle blipping out of phase with the light so I got the jump on her. I lifted slightly and slammed second while she short shifted, I guess thinking the Bimmer would toast the diesel. No chance. I gained a clean car length and slid in front of here just as the lanes merged, and smiled all day long.

Now, before anybody waves the BS flag, I assure you that this story is true. Her car wasn't well-kept looking and wasn't new, so she may have had a tired motor and slipping clutch. She also got caught sleeping at the light and then compounded her error by short shifting. In any case, it is my proudest moment in a diesel. :D

Dr. Diesel:
or... your car just might be faster.  :D

MayorDJQ:
A TDI faster than an M3?  I don't think so...More likely she wasn't trying to race you.

VWRacer:
I didn't suggest that my TID is faster than an M3. I merely related how I beat one in a short dash to a merge lane by timing my launch better than the Bimmer driver and by using all the power and RPMs available to me.

It pissed her off and made my day... :D ;)

Dr. Diesel:
some people just NEED to get stiffed. i love pissing them off! good show, stan!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version