Author Topic: List of Fuses and coresponding number  (Read 6063 times)

Reply #15January 21, 2008, 01:32:29 pm

demolition dave

List of Fuses and coresponding number
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 01:32:29 pm »
I hope you don't think I was giving you a hard time about not having the book you need...I bought most through chapters in the past, but now the older stuff is getting harder to find, and I got lucky and picked up the same book you need last week through vortex...   just have to poke around and keep looking...

Reply #16January 21, 2008, 01:58:51 pm

Mark(The Miser)UK

• Veteran

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 01:58:51 pm »
Quote from: "Baselyne"
Those books are gas books... I dont even understand what you wrote there... maybe its me... man i dont know anymore

but i do like this in your sig Mark-The-Miser-UK

"There's nothing like driving past a bonfire and then realising; its my car on fire!"

an if I dont wire with the right diagram then me an you are going to be sitting next enjoying that bonfire

i got marshmellows you bring the bentley

Sorry the song title was from the group the 'Who'. Also there was a mistake with the first part of the diagram no's   "However my Haynes says that that mk1 fusebox style went up to 1983. Wiring changed
08/
78 to 08/79 then
 08/79 to 08/80 then
 08/80 to 08/82....So  
These are August to August dates.
OK just been prompted by another poster that your issue is with the manuals being gasser only!

Is your car late 1980 or early? If I have time I'll photo the pages you need for the diesel circuits...and pm you
Mark-The-Miser-UK

"There's nothing like driving past a bonfire and then realising; its my car on fire!"

I'm not here to help... I'm here to Pro-Volke"

Be like meeee: drive a Quantum TD
 ...The best work-horse after the cart...

Reply #17January 22, 2008, 11:01:28 am

lord_verminaard

• Veteran

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 11:01:28 am »
Sorry- I know I said I would find it, but I have not yet- I just moved recently and all my crap is all over the place!

Sorry but I'll try and find it tonight.

Brendan
81 Scirocco 'S -->Soon to be m-TDI
93 Corrado SLC VR6
'86 Golf N/A Diesel  -->Wife's car
1990 Audi CQ
05 New Beetle PD TDI

"I am a man, I can change... if I have to.... I guess....."

-Red Green

Reply #18January 22, 2008, 11:14:38 am

Baselyne

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 11:14:38 am »
take your time, I bought a haynes manuel

I moved last january and Im still un-packing boxes

Reply #19January 22, 2008, 11:20:10 am

Baselyne

im lost
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 11:20:10 am »
"However my Haynes says that that mk1 fusebox style went up to 1983. Wiring changed
08/ [/color]78 to 08/79 then
 08/79 to 08/80 then
 08/80 to 08/82....So  

So you saying that there are another style of fuse panel after 1983? dOES IT LOOK LIKE THE ORIGINAL FUSE BOX? (BLACK ONE)

Reply #20January 22, 2008, 12:55:30 pm

Mark(The Miser)UK

• Veteran

Re: im lost
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 12:55:30 pm »
"However my Haynes says that that mk1 fusebox style went up to 1983. Wiring changed
08/ [/color]78 to 08/79 then
 08/79 to 08/80 then
 08/80 to 08/82....So  

So you saying that there are another style of fuse panel after 1983? dOES IT LOOK LIKE THE ORIGINAL FUSE BOX? (BLACK ONE)

Yes it turned into this ...Oops cover is off but it looks like two rows of yours :mrgreen: Note bottom row is 20+ new transparent plastic fuses

Too big :oops:
Mark-The-Miser-UK

Reply #21January 23, 2008, 01:00:08 am

Baselyne

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 01:00:08 am »
by new style fuses you mean these? ATO style I think there called!

That panel your holding there looks like mine with the other side cover off

They are infact different from when on then? my Haynes says something about 81 then im hearing 84 from others....

Reply #22January 23, 2008, 04:16:30 am

Mark(The Miser)UK

• Veteran

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 04:16:30 am »
According to the circuit diagrams August 1982 was the change here in the UK for the Golf. Just checked the Quantum, the change was also in August 82...
Are you sure your not con'fusing' :mrgreen: circuit mods with the complete changeover?
I use Hayneses :lol: Mine doesnt specify the date in the writeups but you can work it out:

:idea:  :idea: If you look at the first page of each circuit upgrade along the top of the diagrams are the coded wire terminations into the back of the fuse box. The old fusebox has 'H' terminals and the bigger board has 'P'  Used for ignition switch battery to fusebox powersupply and manifold preheater/glowplug output :idea:  :idea:

So are you saying that that fuse fits in your fuse array in your car?
Mark-The-Miser-UK

Reply #23January 24, 2008, 08:59:12 am

Baselyne

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 08:59:12 am »
no, im not saying that... Your posts are kinda funny man!

i was asking you if that's the fuse used on your "so called new style panel that ive never seen in any vw rabbit

Reply #24January 24, 2008, 02:18:10 pm

Mark(The Miser)UK

• Veteran

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 02:18:10 pm »
no, im not saying that... Your posts are kinda funny man!

i was asking you if that's the fuse used on your "so called new style panel that ive never seen in any vw rabbit

Yea they are kinda funny but contain only truths :wink:

That fuse fits the later circuitry. I'm saying the fuse board officially changed in August 1982. Was that the death of the Rabbit and the birth of the Golf? I've noticed that the Quantum in the US retained the early mk2 frontage whilst over here after about 84 the front liights changed shape and the grill became only 4 horizontal bars...

Anyway I have several circuits appropriate to you just tell me when in 80 your car was built..
Mark-The-Miser-UK

Reply #25January 24, 2008, 02:24:59 pm

Baselyne

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 02:24:59 pm »
My car is from the second month of 80(02.80)

Reply #26January 24, 2008, 07:35:04 pm

Mark(The Miser)UK

• Veteran

Mark-The-Miser-UK

Reply #27January 24, 2008, 08:00:32 pm

Baselyne

right early 80 wiring diagrams
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 08:00:32 pm »
right on mark, thanks for your help there and sorry for the confussion if I have caused you any

I think sometimes being canadian im stuk between the american english and the english english...or... Im not sure how to explain, well how about we start by saying english is complicated sometimes because there are so many words to describe what your trying to say! My mothers english and my fathers from amercas an 9 times outa ten there slang mean one thing then 10 others....

all of which are non direct hehhhe
thanks for the diagrams that are bang on the money, where the 80 diagram I had in my bentley were not accurate
cheers,

Reply #28January 24, 2008, 10:01:39 pm

Mark(The Miser)UK

• Veteran

Re: right early 80 wiring diagrams
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 10:01:39 pm »
right on mark, thanks for your help there and sorry for the confussion if I have caused you any

I think sometimes being canadian im stuk between the american english and the english english...or... Im not sure how to explain, well how about we start by saying english is complicated sometimes because there are so many words to describe what your trying to say! My mothers english and my fathers from amercas an 9 times outa ten there slang mean one thing then 10 others....

all of which are non direct hehhhe
thanks for the diagrams that are bang on the money, where the 80 diagram I had in my bentley were not accurate
cheers,

No need to appologise I do like to pro-volke people sometimes. I'm just trying to brighten up the diesel world :lol:
Some of the diagrams are a little fuzzy so I may do them again. I was only hand holding the camera. Where I believe the Bentley is better is by naming the components in situ whilst K28 or M7 doesnt stick in the memory till the next time you look.
 :idea: If you have a mouse with a scroll button[wheel] then pressing 'control' whilst rotating the wheel will enlarge the diagrams
:idea:
Mark-The-Miser-UK

Reply #29January 26, 2008, 06:29:20 pm

Mark(The Miser)UK

• Veteran

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2008, 06:29:20 pm »
Re the mysterious relay locations most on the board tally with those pics you sent except as you say the relief relay. The off board relays my be clipped in any order on the top according to car specification.I suspect it is one of the 'lose' clipped on relays. Standard to my book is intermittant wiper relay where Bentley puts X relay. However they share several common terminals and its just a wire or two swapped. Look for black with yellow stripe wires going into back of relay larger of the two is going to the wiper and smaller if it is there is going to the relief relay [I reserve the right to alter this view  :lol: ]
Mark-The-Miser-UK

Fixmyvw.com