S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: A little help on finding parts please...  (Read 2048 times)

December 17, 2007, 09:41:47 pm

shortysclimbin

• Junior

• Performance Diesel Engineering
A little help on finding parts please...
« on: December 17, 2007, 09:41:47 pm »
Hello gents I have been lurking here for a while but never found a reason to sign up being on tdiclub, but as you know about the recent decline in wisdom ;)

anyways, This is what I am trying to find out:

1) 2.5l audi and van ve pistons 81mm bore that can be put into a tdi block... Where do you get them from? I have mahle sitting in front of me and also see there is many designs... Any help?

secondly, on this topic. Could you use a 2.0l passat piston instead? I have an inkling saying that the bowl may not be in the right place. Anyone check this out yet?

2) Oversized exhaust valves? most of the valve train shares similarities with the 2.0l aba and mk4 heads. But the valves are ~5.5mm longer than stock. (I found this out after ordering the wrong ones). Where can we get performance valves long enough? Can we get some say 1-2mm oversized?

I did a quick search (2hrs looking) and didnt come up with much other than a few links to people who have done the pistons but nothing past that.  Well besides IDI pistons ;)

Any help would be great! It seams as of lately I am doing more digging than building but thats the name of the game sometime! Once I get this sorted out then I have to figure out where to get a pump modified with a 12mm plunger and the timing plate cut to give more timing advance via software.

Fun fun!

Reply #1December 19, 2007, 05:57:58 pm

shortysclimbin

• Junior

• Performance Diesel Engineering
A little help on finding parts please...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 05:57:58 pm »
Ok Mahle piston number for others who may be looking:

cyl 1/2: 030 58 01
cyl 3/4/5: 030 59 01

I believe those are with pins and rings but I will find out tomorrow.

So far the valves look like they will need to be custom made. I just ordered one from a company for mk3 vr6 that I will modify to fit. I will post more when I find more.