Author Topic: NO Fuel?  (Read 3537 times)

December 04, 2007, 05:13:33 pm

fillmore

• Junior

• http://fillmorenorthband.tripod.com
NO Fuel?
« on: December 04, 2007, 05:13:33 pm »
well i got my electrical problems sorted out thanks to you kind folks :wink: BUT.. now ive got a new problem....no fuel :x

The car is a 1.9TD. It was running fine after i got the electrics sorted out but the car was hard to start ever since.. i thought it was glow plugs but they tested fine. one morning once it finally started i noticed the revs drop and it almost died, but after revving it up a bit it was fine, i checked the fuel lines going to the IP and the see-through line was full of air bubbles :?  but it drove fine for the rest of the day.

the next morning i started it up, after a few rolls over it started, pulled the cold start out (it was -5 outside) and let it warm up while i ran back in the house. i came back out and it was idleing like crap again only this time when it wouldnt rev up it just bogged and died and hasnt started since

i pulled the lines off the IP an dto no surprise no fuel SO.. i checked all fuel lines under the hood for cracks or bad connections at the hose clamps, everything checked out, i than jacked the car up checked the lines under there and they all checked out, no fuel smell under the body at all, checked in the trunk ontop of the sending unit, those lines were fine aswell...

I checked the the fuel fuse, re did all the wirning to the fuel pump that was cracked or fractured, still nothing.

one thing that i am wondering is how to check the 2 pin connector on the IP?  thers a red/black and a brown/black i believe (it was dark) just wondering if they should both have 12v? or if one is a ground?

i also thought th elines may have froze up because it was only after the tempereture dropped below 0 that it started giving me problems but today was +10 abd it still would not start

any ideas guys before i get it towed?

EDIT* the IP was rebuilt 1000kms ago

Reply #1December 04, 2007, 06:41:01 pm

burn_your_money

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Bright, On
NO Fuel?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 06:41:01 pm »
Verify that the stop solenoid is getting 12v. How old is your fuel filter? It may be clogged. Are you running bio or veggie?

Some leaks (the bastard ones) only allow air in but no fuel out due to the lines being under vacuum.
Tyler

Reply #2December 05, 2007, 07:23:54 am

Jetta Fan

• Veteran

NO Fuel?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 07:23:54 am »
Fillmore, the two wire connector is not the fuel shut off solenoid or stop solenoid. That one is located closer to the block, under the spot where one of the injector lines comes out of the pump.

As for the two wire connector, I'm not sure what should be there for power.

Question for you though, you say you checked a "fuel fuse", where did you find that one? My 97 has been giving me some trouble with fuel and GPs lately.
1997 Jetta 1.9TD AAZ