Fixmyvw.com

Author Topic: new 1.6td 1.9 idi tdi hybrid  (Read 4669 times)

March 16, 2005, 08:58:32 pm

scopefrfd

• Veteran

new 1.6td 1.9 idi tdi hybrid
« on: March 16, 2005, 08:58:32 pm »
Hello,

I am currently building a 1.6td.  The engine block and head are from a 91 eco diesel.  This was a low mileage engine and the engine was in excellent condition to start.  

The block was completely gone through with new german bearings (vw factory oe 6 piece thrust bearing), new rings, rod bolts and seals, crank was polished and is standard size.   The pistons were coated with a heat barrier on the tops and an anti-friction coating on the sides.  The injection pump is from a euro 1.9td.  The head has been pressure tested and new seals fitted...guides all checked within spec.  new hydro lifters, valves lapped back into there original location. The long block with pump, timing belt, tensioner and new waterpump and timed is $1400 with the stock eco diesel turbo head and intake manifold.  No turbo

Upgrades
1.9 idi big valve head $400, you have the choice of either the standard valve cover for vw cars, or the special valve cover for vanagons with the long filler neck which is a very rare item.  Also comes with the proper tdi intake manifold

stock 1.6td turbo, manifold, and downpipe off turbo $200

1.9tdi garrett gt15 or KKK  ko3 turbo and manifold wastegated turbos, your choice $300

1.9tdi vnt-15 turbo and manifold 1-piece w/complete downpipe for a2/a3 vw's
$400

ceramic coated Turbo exhaust housing and both manifolds  $100

The short block has been assembled and the head disassembled.  I would rather build the engine to suit the needs of the buyer.  The smaller tdi turbos are a perfect match for the 1.6td engines.  the vnt turbo can be made to work without electronics by using micro switches.  Directions will be included with the vnt setup if purchased.

I am also putting together some intercooler packages, some air to air but most likely water to air intercoolers.  Email if you're interested before it goes on ebay.

thanks
dave

Reply #1March 17, 2005, 08:38:56 am

chrissev

• Veteran

Re: new 1.6td 1.9 idi tdi hybrid
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 08:38:56 am »
Quote from: "scopefrfd"
Hello,

I am currently building a 1.6td.  The engine block and head are from a 91 eco diesel.  This was a low mileage engine and the engine was in excellent condition to start.  

The block was completely gone through with new german bearings (vw factory oe 6 piece thrust bearing), new rings, rod bolts and seals, crank was polished and is standard size.   The pistons were coated with a heat barrier on the tops and an anti-friction coating on the sides.  The injection pump is from a euro 1.9td.  The head has been pressure tested and new seals fitted...guides all checked within spec.  new hydro lifters, valves lapped back into there original location. The long block with pump, timing belt, tensioner and new waterpump and timed is $1400 with the stock eco diesel turbo head and intake manifold.  No turbo

Upgrades
1.9 idi big valve head $400, you have the choice of either the standard valve cover for vw cars, or the special valve cover for vanagons with the long filler neck which is a very rare item.  Also comes with the proper tdi intake manifold

stock 1.6td turbo, manifold, and downpipe off turbo $200

1.9tdi garrett gt15 or KKK  ko3 turbo and manifold wastegated turbos, your choice $300

1.9tdi vnt-15 turbo and manifold 1-piece w/complete downpipe for a2/a3 vw's
$400

ceramic coated Turbo exhaust housing and both manifolds  $100

The short block has been assembled and the head disassembled.  I would rather build the engine to suit the needs of the buyer.  The smaller tdi turbos are a perfect match for the 1.6td engines.  the vnt turbo can be made to work without electronics by using micro switches.  Directions will be included with the vnt setup if purchased.

I am also putting together some intercooler packages, some air to air but most likely water to air intercoolers.  Email if you're interested before it goes on ebay.

thanks
dave

are you going to be assembling any intercoolers for A2 TD Jettas?  I want to intercool mine this summer.
88 Jetta TD....sold for $1000, bought an 06 Cobalt, clearing out the diesel jetta stuff now

Reply #2March 17, 2005, 05:28:03 pm

scopefrfd

• Veteran

new 1.6td 1.9 idi tdi hybrid
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 05:28:03 pm »
yes I just dropped one off at the welder to be conveted into a h20 to air unit which are much easier to install overall in a diesel

S-PAutomotive.com