S-PAutomotive.com

Author Topic: Need someone to time my engine  (Read 3692 times)

November 18, 2007, 10:46:53 pm

insdtanoodles

• Junior

Need someone to time my engine
« on: November 18, 2007, 10:46:53 pm »
I am looking for anyone in ontario pretty much that can time my 1.9L aaz, I installed a fresh rebuilt giles pump and some new injectors in the car in august and timed it up with the marks but I dont have all the tools to do it properly. Now that it is getting cold the car is not starting very well and when it does there is tons of white smoke plus a really rough idle and from reading on the board it could be timing. If anyone here wants to make some cash on the side or knows of any *Good* vw diesel mechanics around that can do this that would be awesome, want to get it done before it starts to really get cold :(

thanks.

1996 vw jetta AAZ

Reply #1November 19, 2007, 07:46:51 pm

burn_your_money

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Bright, On
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 07:46:51 pm »
I have the tools if you want to drive up to Sudbury. I have the Bentley but I've never timed the split pulley before. I'll lend you a hand and we can use my friends unheated garage
Tyler

Reply #2November 20, 2007, 05:50:59 pm

insdtanoodles

• Junior

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 05:50:59 pm »
Quote from: "burn_your_money"
I have the tools if you want to drive up to Sudbury. I have the Bentley but I've never timed the split pulley before. I'll lend you a hand and we can use my friends unheated garage

Thanks for the offer, I was looking at buying the timing tools myself from vwdieseltools.com and they only have the kit for pre-1996 aaz engines. Is the only difference between the 2 years the locking pin for the injection pump? If the locking plate for the cam is the same then I will just buy the kit.
1996 vw jetta AAZ

Reply #3November 21, 2007, 01:16:31 pm

burn_your_money

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran

• Personal Text
    Bright, On
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 01:16:31 pm »
I usually only use the dial gauge to time engines so I don't know
Tyler

Fixmyvw.com